Ça c’est moi:
Ça c’est moi:
Yesterday my wife took the boy to the grocery store, and he said, “I want to get flowers for Daddy.”
This morning he was shredding them. My wife said, “We bought those for Daddy.” The boy said, “They’re mine now.”
I should be honest & tell you that I am only asking because I am looking for another venue to promote my e-book. I’m thinking I’ve finding folks who like similar kinds of fiction and sending them free copies to review. Is this viable for Goodreads? Creepy? Some mix of the two?
Here is a Q & A with me that I was very excited about until I saw that the photo somehow distorted my face.
I want one more book, Daddy. Daddy, I want one more book. I want one more book, Daddy. I want one more book. I want more book. I want one more book, Daddy. Daddy, I want one more book. I want one more book.
1. It is remarkable how many times in my life people have tried, without any evident shame or remorse, to flagrantly underpay me.
2. None of the people who have tried (and sometimes succeeded) to flagrantly underpay me have themselves been hurting for money.
3. Whenever someone asks you to write something for free because it will be great “exposure,” you should say, “Do you work for free?”
4. Nevertheless, artists must balance the need to provide for themselves with the need to create that which is unlikely to make much money (e.g. poetry).
5. I was raised to feel ashamed for doing things that didn’t earn much money. Paradoxically, it was only when I began the process of ridding myself of that shame did I start to fight for more money.
Just thumbed through all my lesson plans and notes, just in case, there were any keepers, and then chucked it all in the recycling bin.
Now I am trying to figure out if I should go back there for another year. It’s not an easy decision. It’s not like there are many alternatives. I don’t earn enough from writing, that’s for sure. But I don’t know if I can handle another year without a reasonable salary. And there is less and less dignity in teaching.
Listen, if you’ve bought my book & read it & liked it, please write a review for Amazon. It really helps sell books.
If you haven’t bought it, please consider buying it. It’s only $2.99 and it’s very good.
If you have bought and you don’t like it, let us never speak of this again.